Tuesday, August 23, 2011

back to school special

 First bento of 3rd grade: I tried to make it resemble a butterfly. Can you see it?! The two pink silicone cups contain an egg and pistachios. The "body" is a stack of baby carrots, and the head/antennae are green grapes. The little bear thingies are a chinese cookie called, "Golden Bear" for a treat. Simple, yet, some of her faves for her first day.

This is Day 2 bento: salad with croutons, little container of dressing, 3 gingersnap cookies (Which she said she gave away), an applesauce cup, and a heart shaped peanut butter and honey sandwich. The bread is Dave's Killer Bread. The sports bottle is water.

1 comment:

Mrs. Gumshoe said...

What great ideas to make back-to-school a special experience. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to making my little guy's school lunches everyday? There are so many cute ideas out there, I can't wait to try them out! I'm sure the excitement on my part will fade...on about day 2 of kindergarten! :)