Thursday, May 21, 2009

4 ingredient pb cookies

Now you see them. . .

Now you don't! (I know, it's like magic)

I love these peanut butter cookies. Simple and very peanut buttery. I like to eat them as soon as they come out of the oven with a fork because they are so soft and melt in your mouth. If you let cool, they stay soft, but won't fall apart when you pick them up. This is another recipe that is easy, fast, and has tasty results.

1 cup peanut butter (we use natural organic creamy)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda (I've left this out before and it still turned out great)
chocolate chips are optional. (We never put them in, but some people can't have one without the other)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) together well in a small bowl. Then stir in chocolate chips. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet in 1 inch balls. Do not flatten! Bake for about 10 minutes or until puffy and golden. They will start to get golden around the edges. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them or they will fall apart. I remove mine immediately because I like to eat them at this stage.



No comments: