Remember these? My mom made these for me occasionally when I was a little girl, but they had peanut butter spread on the apples instead of honey, like I used in the ones pictured above. We have a kid with a peanut allergy here, so I have to get creative sometimes.
These are super easy to make and pretty much self explanatory.
You will need:
- mini marshmallows
- apples (with red skins preferably)
- peanut butter (we used local raw honey-it was delicious!)
- Cut and quarter an apple.
- Cut each quarter into slices of desired thickness (depending on how big you want the lips)
- Spread peanut butter or honey on one side of the apple wedge. Place your marshmallow teeth on top of the peanut butter.
- Spread peanut butter on an "upper lip" slice and place on top of the row of marshmallows.