Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mint-Lemonade Slush


I cannot even begin to describe how much I love this time of year. I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation. I've stored up enough hearty winter foods to survive the winter and now I'm ready to be outside and enjoy the light seasonal food of Sping and Summer. One of my favorite things are refreshing drinks, other than water. I love lemonade and this recipe is so tasty and the mint gives it that refreshing quality.

What you will need:
Blender
Water
Ice
Fresh Mint Leaves
Powdered lemonade mix or lemonade (such as Simply Lemonade)
  1. Fill your blender about 3/4 full with ice (We like to buy a big bag of ice pellets from our grocery store or from Sonic for making drinks).
  2. Add water to about the same or a little less than the level as the ice. If you are using lemonade instead of the powder, omit the water and powder and fill to ice level.
  3. Add 3-5 scoops of the powdered lemonade (or depending on brand, fill lid to the 2 quart line with powder).
  4. Add 4-6 fresh mint leaves.
  5. Blend it until ice cubes are completely blended.
  6. Garnish with mint leaves, serve, and enjoy! Perfect for a sunny day.
**NOTES** This is all done by taste, so adjust according to taste.

No comments: