The salad looks kind of bland and dressing-less in the pictures, but it's covered in a delightful mixture of seasonings and oil.
This is one of those test and taste recipes. There are no specific measurements.
2 heads of romaine lettuce
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
grated parmesan cheese
- Mince fresh garlic and spread on the bottom and sides of your bowl (1-2 depending on the size of the bowl/salad)
- Wash and chop romaine lettuce, put in bowl
- Sprinkle olive oil over entire salad
- Sprinkle over entire salad
- Sprinkle salt
- Sprinkle Basil leaves (you can probably use dried if you want)
- Mince at least 1 clove of fresh garlic on top of lettuce
- Toss salad, taste. Add more oil, vinegar, salt, basil or garlic as needed
- Right before serving, add grated parmesan cheese on top