This is a somewhat labor intensive project, but this year for Christmas I am making recipe cards of our family's favorites for family members and some friends.
Here's what you need:
1 package of 4x6 index cards
variety of scrapbook paper cut into 4x6 pieces (same as the index cards)
metal rings for holding the cards (i don't remember what they are called, but they open so you can slip more cards on or take them off)
stickers and other embellishments if desired to stick on your recipes
- First of all, I am not a person that is a scrapbooker or even knows where to begin, but we have a big craft store that had 50% off all of their scrapbook paper. So I picked up A LOT of paper for just around $4 or $5.
- After cutting up all my colorful paper into the same size as the index cards (4x6), I took a glue stick and glued a scrapbook piece to the front of the index card and one to the back. You can also use photo squares or some other method, but I found a glue stick was best. This isn't supposed to be professional, and the little imperfections give it a cute folksy look, I think.
- Then you will take your hole punch and punch 2 holes about 2 cm from the left and 2 cm from the right and 1 cm from the top on each side.
- Loop the cards on to the rings and clasp shut.
- On Word, I set it up so that the recipes would print out within a 3x5 space on each card front and back. Once you've glued your recipes on the cards, let dry. Then finish up with any embellishments such as stickers, and other scrapbooking decorations you prefer. You can include a table of contents on the back of your top card where you've put the name of your family's favorite recipes as a title.