Friday, March 6, 2009

easy meatball subs





These aren't my favorite pictures, but these are good sandwiches. Mr. Fuzz said that the cheese looks like Elmer's glue how it melted. If I had shredded the cheese instead of slicing it, then it would look more attractive, but I kind of like seeing the bumps of the meatballs underneath. This is one of the fastest sandwiches to make if you are using precooked and frozen meatballs, pre-shredded mozzarella, and bottled sauce. I have store bought meatballs that I like to use, but I would love to make my own. I just haven't found a recipe that I love.

Meatball Subs

hoagie rolls
meatballs
mozzarella cheese
marinara sauce, or other tomato sauce of your preference

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your hoagie buns by cutting a trough directly on top. I usually cut out a diamond shape wedge on top and remove the piece and a little bread underneath to make a bed for the meatballs and sauce. (I can't believe I used to make these hot dog style-what a mess!) Pour a few tablespoons, or desired amount of sauce inside trough. Place meatballs on top of sauce and then top with your mozarella cheese. Place in oven for 5-6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. I let mine cook a little bit longer because I like the hoagie to be a little crunchy on the outside from being baked, and soft on the inside.

No comments: